COUNTDOWN 100 GREATEST FILMS OF ALL TIME - From 57-54 PULP FICTION & JAWS


57. Goodfellas
56. Jaws - I think I saw this one a long long time ago. And I remember developing a phobia for water (and the blue ocean) after seeing this - mainly because of the lurking possibilities of danger in the blue/green deep of sea. I shall not linger here to write a review on this film. I didn’t find it extremely fascinating. I was just too young to remember.
55. The Graduate 
54. Pulp Fiction 
Now this one, I saw recently. 
I remember thinking to myself how very much like real life Quentin Tarantino’s films always feel. Maybe it is something to do with the pace and the sound. For the lack of drama in his music and camera work, Tarantino makes up by putting exaggerated drama in story line and action sequences. But even then they are ridiculously believable.
Pulp Fiction is filled with exaggerated characters going about in their different disconnected businesses that get somehow bizarrely connected.
IMDB: The film initiates with two small-time thieves, Honey Bunny and Pumpkin, who spontaneously decide to hold up a restaurant. The film then shifts to the story of Jules and Vincent, who hit men for the well known and feared Marsellus Wallace, who is caught up in a deal gone wrong with struggling boxer Butch Coolidge.
The title gives it away. It is pulp: nothing serious. It is fiction: fake unreal, a lie. 
The acting is simply awesome. They all look very effortlessly done, as though they were real people and not Bruce Willis or Samuel Jackson or John Travolta. 
My favourite scene is the scene where Uma Thurman and John Travolta are doing a tango. Classic. Only Tarantino can make such a scene as classic as it was. 
I saw Inglourious Basterds when it came out and was fascinated by the attitude that the director radiated in his work. So I downloaded the whole Kill Bill series and completely enjoyed it (because I never bothered to watch them when they showed in MGM on TV. Movies on TV are boring, man!). And then I was hooked to all things Tarantino. And so I fished out Pulp Fiction from the big murky cinema pond.
My last watched Tarantino film was Reservior Dogs. Reeks of attitude. Loved it.