Been a minute

Wow, been a minute since I wrote here. 

I've just picked up some spicy fried chicken rice from City Cafe on Madras Street and have just gotten home and am about to start episode 3 of Homeland Season 8. 

I've been on a long break from Netflix and it feels good to watch it again, under careful boundaries. Netflix steals a lot of my time, and I;d rather spend that time working on projects that I am passionate about: Deep Blue. 

 This evening, over Key Leaders meeting at Majestic, I drafted an ending idea for the third episode of the book and for the first time I feel confident about the way the epic story (epic to me anyway) folds itself up. I am excited to work on it. 

 This year, my focus will be on finishing episode two of the book. I've been in conversation with Kelly Sheehan who is one of the members of Earth's End Comics NZ one of the premiere comics collaborators for the country. He's been very supportive and helpful. And my focus finally has become this project. 

I want to spend the rest of my life writing stories and creating characters and putting them in new worlds.

This is how I serve the world, serve humanity, serve the one's and two's who are also passionate about story telling – and maybe prove to myself and to others that it is good to live life to the full. Again, I am excited about where the story is going with my book. 

 Kelly also mentioned that his favourite characters from the book are Uncle Peters and Ray. Interesting. I didn't even think Ray was a proper character – but he is surprising me. 

 I'm going to turn this blog into a documentation of my work with Deep Blue. Only when you look back in years time at all these writings in this blog do you remember the value of writing in a blog like this. I am so thankful to the me between 2008 to 2011 that so faithfully recorded everything I could here. And somehow between 2011 and now, I became too "busy" too mature, too occupied... As though I had to prove something. 

 Here I am now, wanting to live a honest and full existence – and not wanting to prove anything – to others, to the world and least of all to myself.