Update - Scholastic, maybe

I’ve been reaching out to publishers and companies around the world with a sample of Deep Blue to see if they’d like to publish it. I got a “no, but it’s good work” from Top Shelf Comics – and what makes me the very excited is that I got a "maybe" from Scholastic. 

They are about to talk to team about it, as they have been looking for a “fantastic and edgy” graphic novel. We are talking about the same house that published Hunger Games, and do Goosebumps and Harry Potter! This is incredible. I want it very badly. 

I feel grateful that there are so many good people and supportive networks wanting to help me. I feel young again. Like the 20 year old me moving to New Zealand and applying for VISA and getting here surviving by a hairline. Life has been good to me, and all of this is nothing that I deserved, and not even really worked for. 

The only thing I’ve done is not give up on myself and been insane enough to push on, been insane enough to keep going. I have been stupid and foolish, I’ve done exhibitions, I’ve done hand print versions, pushed for it on my social media, believed in it even if there was no recognition. This would feel so good if I cracked this open. 

Funny because ever since I got this email I simply haven’t been able to do any work!