What's the most important thing?

I wrote in my notebook for 2021 that these are the things I want to work on:

- Art / painting

- Art / drawing

- Leadership – but in a way that is natural to me, a leadership that grows and develop from what I do and who I am rather than what I put on. 

- Family relationships

- Generosity – in sharing my work and time and money 

- Influence

- Fun

- Adventures

- Connections

- Financial wisdom

- Writing

- Staying inspired

I wrote this in the end of January. Over the last few weeks I have been obsessed with living the life of a writer, of telling stories for the love of it. I hate how I am so up and down about it. I swear a few months ago I was obsessed about other things like "leadership and community" and I hate to admit it but I was as obsessed about these other things as I am now. 

They seem to come in circles, in seasons.. A few months later I "move on" to comics, and then to spirituality and then to business and then to painting.. How can I prioritise one thing so I can give my heart and soul to the one thing? 

I guess the anchoring question is "Who are you?"

Story-telling is my first love and I believe and hope will be my main thing. I have decided this season of writing that no matter how much money I make, I am willing to work hard to be able to fund my writing. That is my payment and reward – to feel fulfilled and alive. 

So what is the most important thing? 

Working on projects that are for the love of art. Like Deep Blue. Like Sirion Diaries. Like many other books I will write. 

What if I worked three days a week and spend another three days on these projects as though I was getting paid to do it – and have one day off. That would be my ultimate dream.