Life is STILL a beautiful blessing.

31 March the little Scholastic bomb dropped. I wrote this:

Today 

Disappointments happen. It’s never easy. I had banked on this working on out and put a lot of my hopes on this working out. 
I’m just disappointed. I’ll be fine. I’ll shake myself up and push on. I’ll find a way. It’s just today that I am finding hard to put on a straight face. 

End of that Note.

Anyway long story short, it's been tough at the start hearing that Scholastic will have to turn down publishing my book. Today is a few weeks later, 17 April, a Saturday. It was a hard pill to swallow, and being rejected is never fun even if it is coming from people I have never met and people whose opinions I don't really care for. What sucked the most was that I had gotten so excited about the idea and had gotten so happy in my mind, that it was not fun to come down from that high. But I have moved on and the good news is that I haven't stopped drawing. Been doing atleast 10 to 15 hours of drawing Deep Blue. It's a slow gruelling process but it is worth it.

There are days and nights when I don't feel it, when I am not in the flow, when I am not enjoying the page I am working on and I don't feel like the page I am creating is not going to be a page that I am proud of. But I figure that I have to push on and carry on. There are too many stories I want to tell, and too many pages left to draw in my short lifetime, that I cannot linger on a page and get too precious about it. The privilege is that for every few pages that are average, there will be a couple that are game changing. 

Deep Blue Episode is still nowhere near finishing. But it should be on schedule for it to be done by this year. I cannot believe the amount of work it takes. I knew it going in. Yet, it baffles me on a day to day basis. At the same time I cannot wait to reveal it to the world and show my friends and let my audience read it. 


Currently 10:13am, having slept only about 6 hours, I am in Ally & Sid with a Long Black ordered. I have a day of work to get through for Majestic. Life is still a beautiful blessing.