Ink with brush

Bought a 0 size brush and a 4 size brush to do lines with ink on the pencils. Again, what I love about inks is the way it sits on the paper. It looks like it is moving. I've also got the ink nibs out of the boxes and are using it for the lines. I am planning on using the pigment liner pens for details but the main gestural shapes are done with brush and the extra lines are done with the G pen. 

What is great about using the G pen and the brush is that because they are hard to use and not too comfortable, I am mindful of the line work I put down. When there is no friction or effort between the mediums, then it's too easy, too smooth. But G pen, though it's really not fun to use it, I enjoy the struggle and the scraping sound it makes. 

The art below is a dream sequence blending between what the person saw in his dream and then reality as he wakes up with Dolly staring him on the face. 





La'ei and Hamish, done fully with brush and ink on top of the pencils. I will spend some more time fine-tuning it with pigment liners for the details. I didn't like how the paper took the diluted inks on the tyre. It ended up looking quite blotched up. But oh well.