Ideas clicking into place

As I was driving around town, listening to a podcast and picking up some flowers for M, this incident dawned on me.

I had been putting the ending of Deep Black together down on paper and planning the rest of the pages and was stuck on how the episode should end. There were a few elements that needed to come together – and they are currently things that I don't want to give away so I won't mention the specifics.

But for a few days I weighed ideas and potential options. None gelled well. 

Then one day as I was waking up, in that state between sleep and wake, the idea rang clear – that is how to end it. I knew that was it. I quickly got out of bed and got coffee and wrote that idea down. That idea is how the end of Deep Black will finish. Not literally the last few pages, but part of the element of its closure was from that moment of clarity I experienced as I was half asleep. As though the pieces came together and clicked into place by itself.