at the mountains and back again

I just returned from the mountains, the beautiful Southern Alps on a day trip.

The mountains move me all the time.

The snowy slopes of the mountains were pristine with fresh snow. I went for a walk (a trudge actually) while everyone else was sledding and toboganning (anti-social that I am). I love the thought of trudging through fresh snow. No one had disturbed them. I left massive footprints and marks.

And also I tried out the theory of rolling ice gathering strength as they fall, that gives rise to the idea that a small ice ball rolling down a slope can cause an avalanch. Which is ridiculous.

I mean I didn't know it until I tried it today. It looked pathetic to say the least, the way the snow ball tumbled and faded away down the slope.

Educational yes.

Anyway I love the mountain and I shall miss the Southern Alps of New Zealand when I move up to the North Island (which is where Auckland is). I shall also miss the rolling plains of the Canterbury and the cattle and sheep that litter the countryside.

**
It's just perfect now to sit at the computer and explore music on the Internet. I love tumblr for doing that. Music, design and everything else in between.