Whats up!?

As pointless as it sounds, this blog post is titled Whats Up?

Because, well, nothing is in my mind now. I am listening to Hillsong Live The Beautiful Exchange. There are little things in life that make so much difference to you now and then, little things that happen to you, or little good things that you acquire in life that turn out making quite a bit of difference for you, and for the better.

The Beautiful Exchange is one such thing. The moment I saw the cover design I knew I wanted a copy for myself. Some of the songs in it have become my prayers and declaration for the past few weeks.

Here is a lyrics of one of the best songs I know of, of late. Written by Brooke Fraser (except for the chorus, which is an old-ish song):

May my prayer like incense rise before you
The lifting of my hands a sacrifice
Oh Lord Jesus turn your eyes upon me
For I know there is mercy in your side

Your statutes are my heritage forever
My heart is set on keeping your decrees
Please still my anxious urge toward rebellion
Let love keep my (I can't make out what the words are..)

Oh God you are my God
And I will ever praise you

To all creation I see a limit
Its your commands
So your word is my joy and meditation
From the rising to the setting of the sun

All your ways are loving and faithful
The road is narrow, but your burden light
Because you gladly lean to help the humble
(Can't catch the words there)

(instrumental here, that sounds pure out of heaven haha)

I will seek you in the morning
And I will learn to walk in your ways
And step by step you lead me
And I will follow you all of my days..

It's a pretty direct song writing there. No pretension. No pretty words just for the sake of pretty effects or poetry. Thats what I like about Brooke Fraser's words. And of course, because she is from New Zealand! I also love the songs that Jad Gilles sing, because he is from New Zealand too haha. I think that worship leaders from New Zealand are extra anointed. *wink wink*

******

So, tomorrow I will be going to sleigh somewhere up the mountain. I don't know how fun it will be. But I am very sure it will be.

******

I love Le Cafe at the Arts Centre. Its just a great place to hang out at. I don't know how the coffee is. I am not that bothered about the quality of coffee as much as the vibe and atmosphere of the place is.

Le Cafe and C1.

I have been there a few times lately (I was at both these places today actually) and they will be places that I miss when I move to Auckland. I hope Auckland has cool places like Le Cafe and C1. For me, places like these define Christchurch. Cool and confident.